Last modified: July 16, 2019
When you use CaucusRoom, there are expectations for how you must respect and protect the privacy of other members. These expectations are listed in the Community Guidelines. Please read it. Violation of these rules will lead to a loss of account privileges, potentially including a ban from CaucusRoom.
At CaucusRoom, (“Company”, “we”, or “us”) we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect, use, or transmit:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download or use in connection with this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by CaucusRoom or any third party; or
- Any third party, including without limitation through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OR PRIVACY PRACTICES ON ANY WEB SITE NOT OPERATED BY CAUCUSROOM TO WHICH THE WEBSITE LINKS OR THAT LINKS TO THE WEBSITE.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact us immediately at [email protected] or 1200 Diamond Circle, Suite F, Lafayette, Colorado 80026 .
Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners and those who help verify the identities and legitimacy of our users.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect a variety of information from you when you provide it to us directly, when we request it from you, or when you give us permission to get it from a third-party source. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, posting material, or starting new discussion groups or rooms. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Members have a right to have their stored data deleted from the Website’s database upon request, but be advised that when you interact with others on the site, such as signing petitions or responding to comments and events, you are exchanging data with individuals and groups that extends beyond the control of CaucusRoom.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
From Your Browser and Device
As many other online services do, we automatically collect technical information when you visit or use CaucusRoom or read a message from us. We collect information from your browser, computer, or mobile device. This helps provide us with technical information when you use CaucusRoom as a visitor or a member, including:
- Device Data tells us about the device you are using, what type and model it is, its operating system and version, its unique identifier, crash data (if applicable), and what settings you have enabled. Your device and software settings affect what information your device makes available to us.
- Log Data which is automatically recorded by our servers based on data sent by your browser. This typically includes the data and time you visited, the browser version you have used (and its settings), the URLs you come from and go to, your IP address and protocol, and how you use CaucusRoom.
- Cookie Data this helps us recognize you, remember your preferences, and personalize your experience.
If you create a CaucusRoom account, we may store and use the information you provide during that process, such as your full name, political affiliation, email address, zip code, physical address, and other information you may provide with your account, such as your gender, phone number, and birth date. We may publicly display your first and last name, as well as any photo or other content you submit through the registration process, as part of your account with CaucusRoom. You can modify some of the information associated with your account through the account settings. If you believe an account has been created using your name, physical information, and/or likeness, you can request its removal by emailing CaucusRoom at [email protected]
Your contributions to CaucusRoom are intended for public discourse and consumption, and therefore are viewable by the public. This includes your discussions, events, responses to other members, general geographic location, and political affiliation.
When you sign up for an account with CaucusRoom you are opting to receive messages from other members. These messages may be managed through the account settings. Be advised that you may not opt out of receiving administrative, transactional, or legal messages from CaucusRoom.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including without limitation:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address (and originating location), operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our membership size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
|Processes||Intended to make CaucusRoom work in the way you expect. For example, we may use a Cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account.|
|Preferences||Intended to remember information about how you prefer CaucusRoom to behave and look. For example, we may use a Cookie that tells us whether you have declined to allow us to send push notifications to your phone, device, or browser.|
|Notifications||Intended to allow or prevent notices of information or options that we think could improve your use of CaucusRoom. For example, we may use a Cookie that stops us from showing you the signup notification if you have already seen it.|
|Advertising||Intended to make advertising more relevant to users and more valuable to advertisers.|
|Analytics||Intended to help us understand how visitors use CaucusRoom. For example, we may use a Cookie that tells us how our search suggestions correlate to your interactions with the search page.|
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may from time to time use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us.
Colorado Protections for Consumer Data Privacy Act
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the Colorado Protections for Consumer Data Privacy Act.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form or adjust your user preferences in your account profile). For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of CaucusRoom’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by CaucusRoom about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use, the Terms, and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes, if and when applicable.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of CaucusRoom, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the registration form. You can also always opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email with your request to [email protected]
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address and contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected]
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any sensitive data transfers or payment transactions and will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
We retain your information in our server logs, our databases, and our records for as long as necessary to provide member services. We may need to retain your information for a longer period, such as in order to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, to resolve disputes or defend against legal claims, or to enforce our member agreement. As stated previously Members have a right to have their stored data deleted from the Website’s database upon request.
1200 Diamond Circle, Suite F, Lafayette, Colorado 80026