Last modified: November 20, 2020
When you use CaucusRoom, there are expectations for how you must respect and protect the privacy of other members. These expectations are listed in the Community Rules. Please read it. Violation of these rules will lead to a loss of account privileges, potentially including a ban from CaucusRoom.
At Caucus Room LLC, (“Company”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy applies to information we collect, use, or transmit:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download or use in connection with this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by CaucusRoom or any third party; or
- Any third party, including without limitation through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact us immediately at [email protected] or 800 Washington Avenue, # C, Golden, CO 80401.
Information We Collect
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners and those who help verify the identities and legitimacy of our users.
The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect from you and how we use that information.
|Context||Types of Data||Primary Purpose for Collection
and Use of Data
|Account Registration||We collect your name and contact information when you create an account. We also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account.||We use this information to provide account related functionalities to our users. Accounts can be used for easy checkout and to save your preferences and transaction history.|
|Cookies and Third Party Tracking||We participate in behavior-based advertising, this means that a third party uses technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests on our website, or on other websites.||We use this information to engage in behavior-based advertising and capture website analytics.|
|Demographic Information||We may collect personal information, such as your age and location.||We use this information to verify your identity, including the use of 3rd party verification databases. Your address is used to orient your CaucusRoom experience to include content relevant to you locally.|
|Distance Information||When you use our website we collect your location from the GPS, Wi-Fi, and/or cellular technology in your device to determine your location.||We have a legitimate interest in understanding our users and providing tailored services. In some contexts our use is also based upon your consent to provide us with geo location information.|
|Email Interconnectivity||If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases.||We use this information to understand how you interact with our communications to you.|
|Employment||If you apply for a job posting, or become an employee, we collect information necessary to process your application or to retain you as an employee. This may include, among other things, your Social Security Number. Providing this information is required for employment.||We use information about current employees to carry out our payment and benefits obligations. In some contexts, we are also required by law to collect information about our employees. We also use this information to have efficient staffing and work force operations.|
|Feedback/Support||If you provide us feedback or contact us for support we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.||We use this information in order to receive, and act upon, your feedback or issues. You can always reach us at [email protected].|
|Mailing List||When you sign up for one of our mailing lists we collect your email address or postal address.||We share information about our products and services with individuals that consent to receive such information. We also use this information to share information about our products or services. We will not share your postal address or email address with anyone, except in the use of verifying your identity when you sign up. We will not use your postal address to send you anything other than account security-related CaucusRoom correspondence.|
|Mobile Devices||We collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting our website.||We use this information to identify unique visitors and understand how users interact with us on their mobile devices.|
|Partner Promotion||We collect information that you provide as part of a co-branded promotion with another company.||We use this information to fulfil our promotions.|
|Sweepstakes or contests||When you participate in a sweepstakes or contest we collect information about you which includes contact information to notify you if you are selected.||We use this information to operate the sweepstakes. In some contexts we are also required by law to collect information about those that enter into our sweepstakes.|
|Website interactions||We use technology to monitor how you interact with our website. This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into our online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser.||We use this information to understand how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful. We also have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud.|
|Web logs||We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.||We use this information to monitor our networks and the visitors to our websites. Among other things, it helps us understand which of our products or services is the most popular.|
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources. For example, if you submit a job application, or become an employee, we may conduct a background check.
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
- To identify you when you visit our websites.
- To provide products and services.
- To improve our services.
- To conduct analytics.
- To respond to inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- To email marketing and promotional materials, including information relating to our products, services, sales, or promotions.
- For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships.
Although the sections above describe our primary purpose in collecting your information, in many situations we have more than one purpose. As a result, our collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, our need to perform a contract, our obligations under law, and/or our general interest in conducting our business.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect a variety of information from you when you provide it to us directly, when we request it from you, or when you give us permission to get it from a third-party source. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, posting material, or starting new discussion groups or rooms. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Members of the Website have a right to have their stored data deleted from the Website’s database upon request, but be advised that when you interact with others on the site, such as signing petitions or responding to comments and events, you are exchanging data with individuals and groups that extends beyond the control of CaucusRoom.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
From Your Browser and Device
As many other online services do, we automatically collect technical information when you visit or use CaucusRoom or read a message from us. We collect information from your browser, computer, or mobile device. This helps provide us with technical information when you use CaucusRoom as a visitor or a member, including:
- Device Data tells us about the device you are using, what type and model it is, its operating system and version, its unique identifier, crash data (if applicable), and what settings you have enabled. Your device and software settings affect what information your device makes available to us.
- Log Data which is automatically recorded by our servers based on data sent by your browser. This typically includes the data and time you visited, the browser version you have used (and its settings), the URLs you come from and go to, your IP address and protocol, and how you use CaucusRoom.
- Cookie Data this helps us recognize you, remember your preferences, and personalize your experience.
If you create a CaucusRoom account, we may store and use the information you provide during that process, such as your full name, political affiliation, email address, zip code, physical address, and other information you may provide with your account, such as your gender, phone number, and birth date. We may publicly display your first and last name, as well as any photo or other content you submit through the registration process, as part of your account with CaucusRoom. You can modify some of the information associated with your account through the account settings. If you believe an account has been created using your name, physical information, and/or likeness, you can request its removal by emailing CaucusRoom at [email protected].
Your contributions to CaucusRoom are intended for public discourse and consumption, and therefore are viewable by the public. This includes your discussions, events, responses to other members, general geographic location, and political affiliation.
When you sign up for an account with CaucusRoom you are opting to receive messages from other members. To stop receiving our promotional emails, follow the instructions in any promotional message you get from us or visit your account settings. Be advised that you may not opt out of receiving administrative, transactional, or legal messages from CaucusRoom.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including without limitation:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address (and originating location), operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our membership size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
|Processes||Intended to make CaucusRoom work in the way you expect. For example, we may use a Cookie that tells us whether you have already signed up for an account.|
|Preferences||Intended to remember information about how you prefer CaucusRoom to behave and look. For example, we may use a Cookie that tells us whether you have declined to allow us to send push notifications to your phone, device, or browser.|
|Notifications||Intended to allow or prevent notices of information or options that we think could improve your use of CaucusRoom. For example, we may use a Cookie that stops us from showing you the signup notification if you have already seen it.|
|Advertising||Intended to make advertising more relevant to users and more valuable to advertisers.|
|Analytics||Intended to help us understand how visitors use CaucusRoom. For example, we may use a Cookie that tells us how our search suggestions correlate to your interactions with the search page.|
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may from time to time use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us.
Sharing of Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary. We may share personal data with third parties and may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Public. Some of our websites may provide the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publicly available.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form or adjust your user preferences in your account profile). For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of CaucusRoom’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by CaucusRoom about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use, the Terms, and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes, if and when applicable.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of CaucusRoom, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Access To Your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law, upon request, we will grant you reasonable access to the personal information that we have about you. Note that California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing.
- Changes To Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Most of our websites allow you to modify or delete your account profile. If our website does not permit you to update or correct certain information, you contact us at the address described below in order to request that your information by modified. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law.
- Deletion Of Your Personal Information. Typically we retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request that we delete your personal information by contacting us at the address described below. If required by law we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes.
- Objection to Certain Processing. You may object to our use or disclosure of your personal information by contacting us at the address described below.
- Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
- Mobile Devices. You can control tools on your mobile devices. For example, you can turn off the GPS locator or push notifications on your phone. Please note that turning off certain tools on your mobile device may affect the functionality of certain features of the Services.
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
- Promotional Mailings. If at any time you do not want to receive offers and/or circulars from us you can remove yourself from our mailing lists by emailing us at the address described below with “NO SNAIL MAIL” in the subject line along with your name, address and zip code. Please note that our mailings are prepared in advance of their being sent. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed.
- Promotional Text Messages. If you receive a text message from us that contains promotional information you can opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying “STOP.”
- Revocation Of Consent. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. You may revoke consent to processing (where such processing is based upon consent) by contacting us at the address described below.
Please address written requests and questions about your rights to [email protected] or call us at (720) 594- 3423 You may submit a copy of the personal information that we hold about you through our online portal.
Note that, as required by law, we will require you to prove your identity. We may conduct an identity verification by phone call or email. We may also ask you to provide a signed declaration confirming your identity. Following a request, we will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you in our files.
How We Protect Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. The Internet and mobile apps are not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our services will be completely safe. We are not responsible to sour users or to any third party due to any such loss, misuse, or alteration of data, except to the extent required by applicable law. We encourage you to use caution when using apps and the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords. To learn more about how to protect yourself online, visit www.ftc.gov.
In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Our website permits you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
For purposes of this Section (California Residents) only, the terms “personal information,” “collection,” “sell,” “business purpose” and “commercial purpose” have the meaning given to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”).
Disclosure and deletion requests. You have the right to request that we disclose to you what personal information about you we collect, use, disclose and sell. Subject to certain limitations in the CCPA, you also have the right to request that we delete your personal information. You may submit such a request by contacting us as described below. If you submit a request by email, your email must include “California Request” in the subject line. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
In addition, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please note that we do not disclose your personal information to any third parties for their direct marketing purposes, except for any client or affiliate whose event you have registered for, in which case the client or affiliate may use your personal information for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at [email protected], or write to us at the address listed below. Indicate in your letter that you are a California resident making a “Shine the Light” inquiry.
Verification. We reserve the right to verify any request made under the CCPA by asking you to provide supporting documentation that the request is submitted by you, although we are not obligated to verify a request. You may also choose to have an agent submit a request on your behalf, in which case we may, but are not obligated to, verify that the agent is authorized to act on your behalf. We assume no responsibility for responding to any consumer requests.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any sensitive data transfers or payment transactions and will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Third Party Applications/Websites. We have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not own.
Contact Information. If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
800 Washington Avenue, # C,
Golden, CO 80401
(720) 594- 3423
*******Separate page to be linked from the Information for California Residents Section*********
California Information Sharing Disclosure
California Civil Code Sections 1798.115(c), 1798.130(a)(5)(c), 1798.130(c), and 1798.140 indicate that organizations should disclose whether the following categories of personal information are collected, transferred for “valuable consideration,” or transferred for an organization’s “business purpose” (as those terms are defined under California law). The table below indicates the categories of personal information we collect and transfer in a variety of contexts. Please note that because this list is comprehensive, it may refer to types of information that we collect and share about people other than yourself. For example, while we transfer credit card or debit card numbers for our business purpose in order to process payments for orders placed with us, we do not collect or transfer credit card or debit card numbers of individuals that submit questions through our website’s “contact us” page.
|Categories of Personal Information||Personal Information Collected||Collected||Disclosed for a Business Purpose||Sold|
|Identifiers||Name or alias||✓||✓||☐|
|Contact information (such as name, address, and telephone number, e-mail address)||✓||✓||☐|
|Unique Identifiers (e.g., cookies, pixel tags, device identifier and attributes, etc.)||✓||✓||☐|
|Online identifiers (such as internet protocol address)||✓||✓||☐|
|Government issued ID (such as social security number, driver’s license number, passport number)||✓||✓||☐|
|Other types of Personal Information||Payment information (such as credit or debit card number)||✓||✓||☐|
|Financial information (such as bank account number)||✓||✓||☐|
|Medical information or health insurance information||✓||✓||☐|
|Characteristics of legally protected classifications||Race||☐||☐||☐|
|Commercial Information||Information about products and services obtained from us||✓||✓||☐|
|Biometric||Fingerprint, face print, voiceprint||☐||☐||☐|
|Sleep, health, exercise data||✓||✓||☐|
|Internet/ Electronic Activity||Browsing and/or search history||✓||✓||☐|
|Information about interactions with our website, mobile application, or advertisements||✓||✓||☐|
|Geolocation data||Precise physical location using GPS||✓||✓||☐|
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information||Call recordings||✓||✓||☐|
|Education information (ie., personally identifiable information contained in education records)||Student name||☐||☐||☐|
|Name of student’s parent or other family members||☐||☐||☐|
|Address of student or student’ family||☐||☐||☐|
|Personal identifier of student (social security number, student number, biometric record)||☐||☐||☐|
|Other indirect identifiers, such as the student’s date of birth, place of birth, and mother’s maiden name||☐||☐||☐|
|Other information that, alone or in combination, is linked or linkable to a specific student that would allow a reasonable person in the school community, who does not have personal knowledge of the relevant circumstances, to identify the student with reasonable certainty||☐||☐||☐|
|Inferences drawn from any of the above information||✓||✓||☐|